- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, stems removed or about 2T dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with parmesan cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.