8 small beef tenderloins steaks, cut 1-inch thick (4 oz. each)
4 TBS olive oil
1 lb. mushrooms, finely chopped
6 TBS dry red wine (I used cranberry juice)
6 TBS green onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 tsp. salt divided
1 tsp. pepper divided
12 phyllo dough sheets, defrosted
1. Heat oven to 425
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Add wine; cook 2-3 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
4. Stir in green onions, thyme, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper. Remove from skillet; cool completely.
5. Heat same skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 3 minutes turning once. (Steaks will be partially cooked. do not over cook.)
6. Season with salt and pepper, as desired
7. Create 2 stacks o 6 phyllo sheets on flat surface, spraying each sheet thoroughly with cooking spray.
8. Cut stacked sheets lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half, making 8 equal stacks.
9. Place about 2 TBS mushroom mixture in center of each phyllo stack, spreading mixture to diameter of steaks. Place steaks on mushroom mixture.
10. Bring all four corners of each philly stack together; twist tightly to close, lightly spray each bundle with cooking spray; place on greased baking sheet.
11. Immediately bake in 425 oven 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. let sit for 5 minutes. serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings
Found on Jenny Craig site - loved it anyway.
cut recipe in 1/2 as there are only 2 of us.