Monday, November 30, 2009

Orange Rolls

I really enjoyed the recipes that were posted last month. We tried the Chicken Parm. last week and loved it, and I can't wait to try Shannon's recipe. I am a little disappointed that it was your idea MOM and you didn't even add a recipe. So anyway I think whoever picks first can decide what kind of recipe we should post for December.

We had these on Thanksgiving and Shannon wanted the recipe, but I forgot to give it to her, so I thought I would just post it here. It is another one of Doug's family favorites.

Refrigerator Orange Rolls
Dissolve 1 package of yeast in 1/4 c warm water.

Combine:
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup hot water
let cool

Combine:
1 eaten egg with 1/2 cup cold water

after cool add egg mixture and yeast. Add 3 cups flour. Beat well and cover. (This dough is very sticky) Refrigerate overnight. 2 1/2 hours before serving roll out dough into large rectangle. Spread with orange filling. Roll up and cut into 24 slices. Place slices in well greased muffin pans. Cover with dish towel and let rise. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

ORANGE FILLING:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 grated orange peal + juice

No comments: