This is my new favorite dinner recipe. It is so delicious! I found the original recipe on Allrecipes.com, but have made a few changes. You can see the original here.
1 C. Warm Water
1 package yeast
2T. Olive Oil
1T. White Sugar
1/4t. Dried Rosemary
1/4t. Garlic Powder
3 C. Flour
1 dash black pepper
1 C. Milk
3/4 C. Parmesan Cheese
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 pinch dried Rosemary
1 pinch Salt
1 Chicken Breast Half, cut in small pieces and cooked
Season with Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic powder, Salt and Poultry Seasoning. Or, you can season the chicken however you want.
1 Red Pepper, cut into slices
1/2 C. Mushrooms, sliced
1 Roma Tomato, diced
1/4 C. Fresh Basil, diced
1. To Make the Dough: Pour the warm water into a small bowl and stir in the yeast until dissolved. Allow to rest until the yeast foams, about 5 minutes. Mix the oil, sugar, salt, rosemary, and garlic powder together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast mixture, and gradually stir in the flour. Gather into a loose ball and knead until a smooth ball forms. Cover, and let rise 1/2 hour. If kneading in a KA, use the dough hook and knead for about 6-8 minutes.
2. Carmelize your red peppers by cooking them on low/medium heat in about 1T. Butter. I start these at about the same time I do the dough and let them cook until I'm ready to put them on the pizza. Make sure to stir them often so they don't burn.
3. To Make Sauce: Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in salt, pepper and flour, then stir in the milk and Parmesan cheese. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
4. To Make the Garlic Butter: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Blend in garlic, rosemary and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is tender but not browned. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
5. Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Spread dough out on a pizza pan. Top with cooled garlic butter, cover the entire crust. Next spread the Sauce on top, leaving crust edges. Top with the chicken, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and basil.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until bottom crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven and let set for 2 to 3 minutes before cutting.