Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sorry, Another Sugar Cookie Recipe



Sorry I'm doing another Sugar Cookie recipe, but I'd planned on submitting this for a few days and I made cookies with the girls last night so I would have some pictures to post. They are just too cute! =) Growing up we always made sugar cookies out of the dough you buy at the store and the few times since then I've tried making dough from scratch, I've always thought the end product tasted too floury. I got this recipe from a friend and I really like it. It has a great almond taste!

1 C. Butter (softened)
1 1/2 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
1 t. Vanilla
1 t. Almond
4 C. Flour
1/4 t. Salt
1 t. Baking Powder
4 t. Milk

Cream the shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and flavorings. Mix together dry ingredients and add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes, roll and cut out. Cook at 375 degrees on a greased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes.

Frosting

1/4 C. butter (softened)
2 C. Powder Sugar
1 t. Almond flavoring
Milk

Cream butter and sugar together. Add Almond, mix in. Add milk just a little at a time until the desired consistency. Frost your cookies, then decorate.

The decorating part was what my girls enjoyed the most!

She would have kept going with the sprinkles if we hadn't stopped her.

1 comment:

Kurt & Rachel Keyser said...

That ones sounds similar to Nancy's recipe. :)