Ingredients (Cod Medallions)
2 tablespoons light butter or margarine
Enough panko to put on top of 4-6 half fillets of cod
2-3 six-ounce fillets of cod, thawed and sliced in half
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
Ingredients (Penne Rigate with Marinara Sauce)
1 12-ounce package Penne Rigate (gluten-free = ok)
1 24-ounce jar Marinara sauce
1 tablespoon all-purpose herb seasoning
Parmigiano cheese, shredded (optional)
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium-low heat. Add panko and mix thoroughly. Remove from heat before it browns. Set aside.
- Prepare the Penne according to the directions on the box. Keep warm.
- Heat 4-6 servings of marinara sauce on low in a saucepan.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl.
- Place cod on baking pan and season the half-fillets with salt, pepper, and paprika mix. Place in oven and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove fish from oven and top each cod piece with a tablespoon of the buttered panko. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or so until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the panko crumbs have browned.
- Plate a serving of pasta for each person and spoon the heated marinara sauce over the cooked pasta.
- Use a spatula to place a cod medallion on each serving.
- Top the panko with the herb seasoning and shredded cheese, if desired, and serve.